Friday 23 March 2012

Run run as fast as you can...

…you can’t catch me, I'm the gingerbread man. Well actually I’m not (..no? really?) but I did bake some today. And two accidentally fell into my mouth. Oops. Damn that baking. They smelled soooo good. Before I knew it….chomp chomp…mmmmm.

I counted them though. They took the place of the two glasses of wine that I didn’t drink last night. But now I have no more extra points left for the week and barely any exercise points either.

For those of you whom have never done Weight Watchers, basically you have an amount of points for the day. A weekly bank of points to use as you wish (booze, choccies, cake, extra daily points) and you can earn extra points through exercise. Just calorie counting really. Oh and if you have never done weight watchers, go ahead, take a drink ;-)

Anyway, I hurt my knee on Thursday when I was out for a run/walk/run. That meant I didn’t want to push it so I didn’t do any exercise yesterday. Apart from chasing the gingerbread men down the street before they came to a grisly but oh so tasty end.

I have 2 days till weighing day. I am not very good at sticking to my daily ration of 26 points. I need a bit of a buffer and I really don’t like using my exercise points unless I am desperate. I guess I am desperate. I don't know if I can use all my exercise points and still lose weight.

I NEVER thought I would say this but I was really annoyed that I couldn't exercise. I also NEVER thought I would be gutted that I couldn't go for a run...(walk/run). I have always said, "I don't do running." and "I am not built for running." Whatever. I am not built for ballet either and I still do that. I am not built for running because I am too fat. If I run more I will get less fat and then be built for running. And yes I do have to wear 2 bras to run in but so what?

On Thursday, before I hurt my knee (by slipping on wet pavement) I was really enjoying myself. I was alternating running with walking and I was plugged into my ipod. I have some fantastic motivating choons that really get me going. It was pouring with rain and I was really really loving it. Wierd. Anyway. My plan is to phase out the walking bits and in a few weeks/months/years time be able to run the whole time. I never thought I would sit in my house and be gagging to go for a run... (walk/run).

So rather than eating the gingerbread man perhaps I need to preserve him. Stick him up where I can see him. My role model. I can be the running gingerbread man. Also, that way, maybe then I will also become a bit of a fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment